Wednesday, 21st January 2009
Work commitments have prevented me from doing much on my own projects recently, but zipping up a few files to get BBC BASIC tested is not a time-consuming process so I've started to release test builds.
The documentation is available online. It's generated by a little tool I hacked together to turn a MediaWiki database into a CHM file.
I've had a few issues with the TI-84+ hardware, such as LCD corruption, difficulty in getting key presses to register and crashes when USB devices are unplugged. I think I've fixed the LCD and key issues by dropping the CPU speed down to 6MHz when the full 15MHz is not required, but am still stumped by the USB issues. Unfortunately documentation on the USB hardware is rather thin on the ground and I don't own a TI-84+ for testing.
The package comes with a few demo programs from the CP/M release and a few I cobbled together myself. Most recently I've tried putting together a few little graphics demos.
There's still a fair amount of work to go on this project (especially optimising - some of the code is extremely inefficient) but it feels nice to have something out there for people to try.